Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th



It's been 5 years since September 11th and it's still vivid in everybody memories. I remember being in high school as a freshman when the school PA announced that a plane has hit the World Trade Center. I thought it was just a small aircraft at the time and somehow it would be under control. I then remember one of my teachers talking about it and saying if you need to go out to call a family member you can. I was thinking to myself that this must be something big and went out the room to consoler room to call my mom.

When I got there, you can see the T.V screen that was in the room and everybody looking at it. Maybe 5 mins later they were holding evacuation proceedings with parents coming to pick there kids. I then rush to the gym and saw my brother and sister with my mom. We all went to the car with another person who we were dropping off (something like a car pool) and the words that I'll probably never forget my mom saying was that "We are at War!" like some type of pearl harbor story. She then pointed to the World Trade Center in front of us while driving. It was pretty much covered in smoke from what I can tell and I was in Queens.

I remember getting home with the streets completely empty and waiting for my step dad to come home who work in Manhattan. The T.V station was showing all the people walking over the bridge evacuating from Manhattan which was when everything set in. I then heard about the Pentagon being hit and a plane crash in Pennsylvania. The day after I remember people holding up pictures of their love ones in the building, how everyone banded together to help anyone in need, USA chants, G.W.Bush at ground zero with his mega-phone, and the people going to ground zero to dig out anyone who was alive. After that it's pretty hard to remember...

I was watching the mets game yesterday when Chris Cotter mention about the kids who were asking "Why are they wearing those caps?(FDNY, Police caps etc...)" to their dads. I can't imagine being in their shoes and explaining it to there kids in front of crowded people sitting next to you. That was pretty much my experience with September the 11th and if you have any then please comment by clicking the "comment" link at the bottom of this article.

We shall never forget...

---

Next Article coming around 9pm - 10pm EST called "Mac Commericals Turned Stupid".

No comments: