Wednesday, September 06, 2006

How did I end up with a Xbox 360?

At this very moment I'm looking down on my Xbox 360...how did I end up with you? I don't think it ever had to do with the Xbox 360 as much as it had to do with the Xbox. I just remember while typing why I bought the Xbox and that was because of Xbox Live. I remember the first time I've heard of playing online with a console was with the Tony Hawk game. I did not have a Xbox yet and Sony had not yet release the network adapter. The whole idea of going online with a console consume me because I thought it was a cool idea. Of course there was the dreamcast but did not really appeal to me. Of course there was the PC but my computer was slow at the time and there was no good games except for Duke Nukem.

Now here comes the Xbox and at the instance I heard of Xbox Live...my jaw just drop. At that moment it was a must have console because it was taking console gaming to a new level of enjoyment. Another thing was the graphics were hugely improve from most ps2 titles which was a plus. It had two of the three things I wanted which were Online Play, and Better Graphics but nothing is ever perfect. The RPG Games... Now I thought that games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear were coming along but it wasn't. Around this point, I started to get into game politics and preferences with Japan. There was still some interesting titles for the Xbox like Ghost Recon, Mech Assault, ESPN 2k series, Splinter Cell etc... but down within me I bleed r.p.g. The Xbox turned mainly into crapfest of FPS with Halo and other action games while other good games got canceled like True Fantasy Live Online. Don't get me wrong, I thought Halo was a good game but not a God Of The Gaming Universe as it proclaim to be. If it was then it would not gone up to the shelf to collect dust after I finish playing it.

Still I stood with it and my whole life after that was a crap blur. I guess the reason why I choose the Xbox 360 is because of the Xbox. I should probably change the title of the article but I like it the way it is.

FYI: I'm probably not going to buy the Playstation 3 because of the cost. It was hard enough trying to buy the Xbox 360 with a game but a 600 buck console can kiss my rear behind. I'm doing what everyone else is doing this holiday season...I'm getting a Wii lol.

No comments: