Friday, September 15, 2006

C++ Does Not = Me



Around 2005, I was interested in game programming so I went to a website called Gamedev.net. The community helped a lot and I decided to purchase two books for Christmas called "Beginning C++ Game Programming" and "C++ Primer 4th Edition". I decided to go with "Beginning C++ Game Programming" first because the book was easier to understand in my view (super noobie book). I remember staying up late at night reading/writing the code (on the pc) displayed on the book till I started to get a headache. I wasn't really sure if I was learning anything but I understood the whole idea of it. I was told that the main basis was to just learn the code so you can use it for other types of programming.

Now I have a habit of eagerly wanting to learn stuff but my work ethic is just not there. I'm lazy and I know it which is why this article has been delayed for so long. I don't know why but I just lose interest and hate feeling like this is more a job then having fun. Which is what I felt while learning C++ and eventually stop reading the book. If I take a look at the book now, I can still remember what each code represents and accomplishes. The problem is that I do not have the drive nor patience to go over it but having that mindset would make me a loser.

The game programming industry itself though pays very little which is probably the reason I decided not to go the route in the first place. Another thing is the math and the degree needed to get any type of game programming job which I find slightly retarded. It is freaking hard to get a computer science degree but yet you get little money for it in the game programming field. I remember my friend telling me I should just go for some type of job..i forgot.

I'm just not sure but I don't know whether C++ = for me but who knows. Right now my interest is for baseball but there is a 1 to 1600 chance I think that I will ever become a success. The reason I stood with baseball for so long after the injuries and extensive work out training is because it is fun to play while getting paid or realization of getting paid an enormousness amount of money which everyone really looks for. If you ask any average joe if they'll switch lives with say David Wright for a day, they'll probably would. I also remember thinking about journalism but by reading my blog, my English is horrible.

If anybody with current jobs have any experience in this matter please comment.

Thanks

--------------

Next Article will be "Why do Movie Companies sign onto lousy Movies?". The idea is why do movie companies go a long with crappy movies..? Hard to explain but after seeing commercials of "Hoot" on Directv, you'll figure out the premise of this article.

No comments: