Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Damnit Gaming Media!! Learn how to Source your Articles...

The first thing they tell you in any English Class before you write an article is to source them correctly. Now I work for Xbox Evolved and mainly concern myself with reporting news. Now the site does not get that many visits per day so if I do a mistake or post something, nobody is really going to care. Maybe like a month ago my boss John told me about news4gamers which can generate good hits. I did not think much of it at first but it'll generate new visitors.

Now during some of my posts on news4gamers, it's gotten Xbox Evolved numerous visitors which is great. One of my articles which I first reported/created surprisingly has caught a buzz around the net called "Huh, Come Again? HDMI Cable For The Xbox 360?". It was my first article that was interesting enough to capture some attention. It was a good feeling and the buzz obviously went around so I did my job. Three days later I notice a post on news4gamers about the news I reported which did not accredited Xbox Evolved for them knowing about it. I Google around the net for the story and it was plaster everywhere and none of them accredited the site for them even knowing about it in the first place. I assume they would of figure it out sooner or later but wouldn't have been news worthy unless they saw the buzz it was getting.

Now I'm not really pissed but just disappointed at the fact that neither me nor the site was mention in reporting this which takes away from us. Maybe I feel this way because it is my first time getting this much visits for an article I wrote but I shouldn't think much of it. By the end of the week it should be old news and I'll probably move on to something else.

No comments: