Saturday, September 09, 2006

Can Sonic Ever Come Back?



Every time you think of Sonic you got to back to the old Sega Genesis days, and the kid who always wanted to play on it. The last time I remember playing a Sonic game was when Sonic Pinball came out which was actually fun. Since then time moved on with other games, and the Dreamcast being a failure. Sonic had a few games coming out during his long extended period of time but all of them were poop.

Anyway I was watching the Sonic trailer 3 on GameTrailers.com and was about to puke my lunch. I was like...Sega killed the clown (simpsons related episode) and crap on it's grave with elephants. I understand that the Japanese people love there RPGs but don't make an obvious rip off of a Final Fantasy 9 cut scene. It is just embarrassing how a beloved character like Sonic has fallen from the face of the earth since the Dreamcast and how low Sega is willing to milk Sonic dry.

Still I continue to watch the trailer and notice a slight glimpse of hope with Sonic and the small sample of gameplay shown. Personally, I think the problem with the Sonic series was that Sega could not transform the old 2-D Sonic and bring it to the 3-D world. I'm not even sure if it is even possible but apparently Sega is still willing to try or not. Sega has recently announced that they will be forking over the project to Kynogon, the leading A.I. middleware developer. To be honest I don't care because I'm sure they will do a better job than Sega did after the Genesis days.

Will Sonic ever be a big hit as he was in the past... most likely not but the new developer can do the world some justice and make a good game for Sonic at least. Hopefully the new Sonic game won't disappoint on the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. Another thing, don't give Sonic the ability to talk. He is renowned for his face expressions not his dorky lines.


Digg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I doubt this new sonic will be anything special.